It is just 10 days until Block Island Race Week Presented by Margaritaville! Can you taste the mudslides yet? With new teams still joining the ranks each day, it is shaping up to be an amazing week.
Before you arrive, here are some important announcements for all sailors:
- Sailing Instructions are posted to Yacht Scoring. To save on paper, we will not provide physical copies at them at registration.
- Register your crew and sign the waiver. All sailors must sign the waiver before racing. When you add your crew member to your Yacht Scoring account, they will be sent the wavier and get race announcements as well.
- Buy your Raffle Tickets to support local Block Island charities and win amazing prizes from our partners like a week-long stay at Margaritaville Resorts in Florida.
- Sign up for the 1st Storm Try-athalon during the Lay Day as a Team or Individual to take part in the North Sails 5K, Trivia presented by Margaritaville, and/or the New England Ropes Tug 'o War.
- A reminder that there is no discharge, use of chemicals, or bottom cleaning in Salt Pond and to further our sustainability efforts, please do not use single use water bottles. Filling stations will be available throughout and we encourage boats to bring gallons not cases for sailing water consumption. See our website for more information.
- Have you rented your linens yet? Do you need a bike or moped for the week? Would you like to take part in free yoga each morning? We have a wealth of discounts and offerings from local business, we are building quite a list of resources on our Block Island information.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon,
Storm Trysail Club Vice Commodore
Race Week Chairman