Sailing Instructions Posted and other important annoucements
- Sailing Instructions are posted to Yacht Scoring. To save on paper, we will not provide physical copies at them at registration.
- Register your crew and sign the waiver. All sailors must sign the waiver before racing. When you add your crew member to your Yacht Scoring account, they will be sent the wavier and get race announcements as well.
- Buy your Raffle Tickets to support local Block Island charities and win amazing prizes from our partners like a week-long stay at Margaritaville Resorts in Florida.
- Sign up for the 1st Storm Try-athalon during the Lay Day as a Team or Individual to take part in the North Sails 5K, Trivia presented by Margaritaville, and/or the New England Ropes Tug 'o War.
- A reminder that there is no discharge, use of chemicals, or bottom cleaning in Salt Pond and to further our sustainability efforts, please do not use single use water bottles. Filling stations will be available throughout and we encourage boats to bring gallons not cases for sailing water consumption. See our website for more information.
- Have you rented your linens yet? Do you need a bike or moped for the week? Would you like to take part in free yoga each morning? We have a wealth of discounts and offerings from local business, we are building quite a list of resources on our Block Island information.
The Village is Moving On Up...the Hill
After a successful trip to Block Island this week, the Storm Trysail Club Block Island Race Week Organizing Committee is excited to announce a new location for Race Headquarters and Village at the Narragansett Inn just 100 yards away from the former site adjacent to the Oar.
"The view is amazing from up here, there isn't a bad seat in the house," said Vice Commodore and Event Chairman, Ed Cesare looking out on the Great Salt Pond and right up the channel to Block Island Sound. "The new location along with the enhancements under the tent brought by Presenting Sponsor Margaritaville will bring a fresh and fun vibe to post-race festivities, awards and the whole Event."
The Duty Desk, Jury Rooms, and Race Organization offices will all be located right at the Narragansett creating a true race village for the enjoyment and convenience of competitors.
MARGARITAVILLE NAMED FIRST PRESENTING PARTNER OF 2019 STORM TRYSAIL CLUB’S BLOCK ISLAND RACE WEEK
Premier Five-Day Regatta Will Conclude with Margaritaville Race Day
Block Island, R.I. – March 26, 2019 – Storm Trysail Club and Margaritaville Holdings today announced that Margaritaville, the global lifestyle brand synonymous with fun and escapism, will be the first presenting sponsor for Block Island Race Week, one of the premier regattas in the U.S. In addition to Margaritaville’s participation in the tent each day during the June 23-28th event, the final race day of the regatta will officially be named “Margaritaville Race Day.”
"Nostalgia and a relaxed atmosphere have always been hallmarks of Storm Trysail's Block Island Race Week," says Vice Commodore and Event Chair, Ed Cesare. "This makes the partnership with Margaritaville a natural fit and we welcome their eager involvement. This new relationship will bring a great vibe to the whole regatta, including the revitalized lay day.”
Margaritaville will transform the race tent, transporting sailors into the brand’s laid-back lifestyle. Live entertainment, the centerpiece of the Margaritaville brand, will take place on-site each day, along with exciting Margaritaville-inspired activities and promotions.
Over 115 boats have already registered for a variety of racing – from "Solent Style" (a combination of short course and distance racing) to cruising and one design – the 2019 Block Island Race Week presented by Margaritaville is shaping up to be an exceptionally lively one.
“We are thrilled to bring the Margaritaville state of mind to Block Island Race Week, a famed sailing event already known for its exciting competition and community spirit,” said Tamara Baldanza-Dekker, Margaritaville’s chief marketing officer. “Margaritaville’s partnership with the Storm Trysail Club will bring added relaxation, fun, and camaraderie to competitors, family, and friends on the island.”
Sailors can register and learn more at https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=5943
Bringing Back the Lay Day
The Storm Trysail Club listened to competitors of past Block Island Race Week's, and there was an overwhelming call for finding a greater balance between the racing and the leisure on the island. We know five days of racing can be draining for many sailors, so we have brought back the lay day from early Race Weeks. These rest days were seen as a highlight of the event for families, friends, and competitors to enjoy all the beauty Block Island has to offer.